Pages

Saturday 22 October 2011

The Power of Six Novel

Although it's been a long time since I've read the first book, I Am Number Four, I can honestly say that it is one of my all-time favorite reads. You'll soon figure out that I have A LOT of all-time favorite reads. The second book in the series certainly lives up to the high standards the first novel set. Although I usually find it confusing when authors switch between narrators, it actually kind of worked in this story, and I enjoyed the different points of view given. I just finished reading it yesterday, and I am dying to find out what happens. *Spoilers* What happened to Sam? Why did Sarah betray John? What happened to Sam's dad? Who will Six choose?  Why can't the next book come out sooner? I found out that the next book will come out sometime next year, but that's like eternity. All these questions from cliffhanger endings nag me everyday. I bet authors enjoy torturing us with the suspense until they release the next book. I also heard that there's supposed to be a total of six books. That's about another four years before we can finally know the whole story behind the beloved Lorien's!  But then, after we do find out, we'll be left wishing for more. While I want to read the next book as soon as possible, I never want series' to end. It's like saying goodbye to a good friend. I remember how sad I felt when A Series of Unfortunate Events ended, and how disappointed I was - and am - when I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy.

But thus is the never-ending cycle of reading, my friends. How it tortures us and entertains us at the same time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment